Sunday, December 2, 2007

Brief Hiatus

Yes, I see the pending comments awaiting my responses. My students, however, have submitted their last writing assignment, and I am grading (once again). I want to come out and play, but I promised myself at the outset of this semester never to let blogging interfere with my teaching or pastoral responsibilities; thus, self-discipline keeps me away for a moment. I hope that I will secure some opportunity for further blogging after grading this assignment, but before grading the final. In the meantime, for those who find the SBTC (or SBCT...order the letters to suit yourself) to be the most troubling thing in Baptist life in Texas, I offer this story for your consideration, along with my sentiment that the SBTC (imperfect as its members are) represents the bright spot in Baptist life in Texas these days.

10 comments:

Robin Foster said...

Bart

Praise God for the work of the SBTC. Especially when they pass resolution on alcohol. :-)

BTW, Oklahoma passed their own resolution on alcohol. I guess we are all a bunch of Tea Totalers.

Tim Rogers said...

Brother Bart,

See, if you would have joined us at SBC Today you would not have to take a trip to Hatti. :>)

Blessings,
Tim

Wes Kenney said...

So, precisely how will this differ from when you are not on hiatus?

;-)

Anonymous said...

Tim, what are we going to do with you? I might buy you a dictionary and send it to you for Christmas :-). The trip you are sending Bart on is to "Haiti" not "Hatti". Please, if you are going to send Bart out of the country, send him someplace real.

Blessings,
Trish

Wes Kenney said...

Trish,

Go easy on Tim; speling and grammar is not his strong suit.

Or maybe he meant to type "Haiti," but his fingers got caught up in his pink sweater.

In any case, it's not his fault...

;-)

Tim Rogers said...

Sister Trish & Brother Wes,

Where is Haiti? Isn't that in Mississippi?

Wes Kenney said...

Bootheel of Missouri, actually. Bart knows where it is...

Groseys messages said...

mmm and I thought Hiatus was when you ate too much tomato ketchup and stayed up all night regretting it!

volfan007 said...

i've been to hayti, mo. i have relatives that live in hayti, mo. bart, when did you go to hayti?

david

Bart Barber said...

You know, I don't think I've ever been to Hayti (pronounced "Hay-Tie" when one has left behind the South and the Confederacy to go to Missouri). The road now bypasses Hayti and goes merely through Hayti Heights. ;-)