Sunday, January 18, 2009

Finding My Voice Again

A friend recently asked on Facebook whether "Barebones" was the name of a seventeenth-century Baptist preacher or a description of the recent content on this blog. The simple fact is that, although the family and I are doing pretty well and fall well within the tolerances that define "normal" reactions to this sort of thing, I've just had very little heart for blogging since the accident. I'm preaching; I'm ministering to people; I'm giving leadership to the church—I'm heading into a service right this very minute. But after being spent on those things, there just isn't enough passion left over to blog for right now. I've interacted in a couple of comment conversations, but that's been all that I've had the heart to muster lately.

Important opportunities stand before us as Southern Baptists. I've nowhere nearly run out of things to say. I'm just not quite back to doing this blogging business.

So, more barebones on Barebones for a while, at least.

13 comments:

Bob Cleveland said...

Bart,

Quite understandable and all right with me. It's providential that this is Sanctity of Life which, which to me reinforces the fact that I'm more interested in you, than in what you say.

Wayne Smith said...

Bart,
May God Bless and Heal all, as only God can DO. Miss Your Post.

Bob, A BIG AMEN.

Wayne

Malcolm Yarnell said...

All things in their own time, my friend.

Ron Phillips, Sr. said...

Bart,

Take your time! We will be here patiently waiting for your return to blogging.

God Bless,

Ron P.

From the Middle East said...

Brother Bart,

Though we disagree from time to time, it does not change my respect and love for you brother. May God continue to mightily work in and through you during this peculiar time.

God's peace be yours in abundance,
From the Middle East

Tim Rogers said...

Brother Bart,

Take your time. We need you well, not just engaged.

Blessings,
Tim

Anonymous said...

Bart,
I add my voice to the others. Take your time. Our prayers for you continue.
We look forward to your return.
David R. Brumbelow

Anonymous said...

Bart: I won't even pretend to know what you are going through, except to say I'm glad you are taking the time to allow yourself to go through it. I'm so sorry you have to go through it.


Know that many are praying for you, and I do not say that lightly.

volfan007 said...

Bart,

Sometimes we have to go thru the dark, dark nights of life. And, it's hard. I've been thru some very dark nights in my own life. I've never had to deal with what you're dealing with now, thank the Lord; but I've been thru some dark nights. The Sun will shine again. The light of Jesus will break thru.

Time and the healing of the Holy Spirit will cure a lot of hurts and troubles.

I love you, Brother. I pray that the Lord will sustain you and give you peace and comfort.

David

Pastor Mike said...

Bart,
I think of you often and mention you in prayer. Make sure to take more than enough time.

Tim G said...

You keep doing what is most needed and all will be well! You know you are in our prayers - but allow me to say it again, just as I called you Friday, we are praying for you and thinking of you often.

Dave Samples said...

I've nothing to add except my presence in the room...

R. L. Vaughn said...

Brother Bart, you are in our prayers. I was pleased to post an excerpt on your voice on my blog yesterday. I look forward to your upcoming new format when you move in that direction.