I do not hold any firm position on the chronology of the Great Tribulation in the end times. I consider the position staked out in the document to be one valid option that might very well be true.
How am I coping? Here are a few points:
- I will not sign the document with "caveats".
- I will not perform mental and ethical gymnastics, pretending that, because I don't really disagree with the document, I could sign it even though I don't strictly agree with it either.
- I will not pretend that this institution has violated my rights as a Christian.
- I will not be suing anybody in any venue.
- I will not bend my theology one iota to try to accommodate myself to this institution. My theology belongs to Christ and to the Bible.
- I now respect this institution all the more for knowing what they believe and sticking to it.
- I hope that they respect me all the more for dealing with them with integrity.
- I will not be contacting their accrediting agencies to lodge any complaints.
- I will not demean their theological position as "strange".
- I will not accuse anybody of narrowing anything.